Liferay Announces New Cloud, Commerce and Content Capabilities to Drive Personalization and Growth at Scale
Liferay launches new versions of its products to help businesses scale digital transformation efforts
FRANKFURT AM MAIN, Germany – (June 4, 2019) – Liferay, Inc., which makes software that helps companies create digital experiences on web, mobile and connected devices, today announced the launch of the latest versions of Liferay DXP and Liferay Commerce and the global availability of Liferay DXP Cloud. Designed to meet the needs of today’s digital-first business teams to create experiences rapidly across channels and streamline IT operations, the new releases of Liferay’s products equip enterprises with easy-to-use and reusable content management and personalization tools along with the flexibility of a decoupled CMS architecture, all powered by the benefits of the cloud.
“The ability to quickly deliver relevant and personalized digital experiences for customers at scale across touchpoints has become an imperative for business success,” said Ed Chung, VP of Products for Liferay. “As businesses look to cater to customers on their preferred channels headless delivery is becoming increasingly important. Liferay DXP 7.2 delivers the capabilities of a headless CMS so businesses have the flexibility to meet customers on their preferred channel or device."
Liferay DXP 7.2:
Customers are more demanding than ever at a time when IT resources are limited. With Liferay DXP 7.2, enterprises are empowered to quickly build and deliver meaningful experiences to their customers with features like content recommendations and auto-tagging. Developers are empowered to use their preferred tools via decoupled CMS. New REST APIs provide access to structured content, document management, categories, keywords and more.
Liferay DXP Cloud:
Now available for the first time in EMEA and APAC, Liferay DXP Cloud is an enterprise solution that simplifies the deployment, management and scaling of Liferay DXP with Platform as a Service capabilities. Liferay DXP Cloud leverages best practices from Liferay DXP deployments around the world to shorten time-to-market for development teams and reduce the burden of managing underlying infrastructure. Tailored for Liferay DXP, so teams can start building applications on day one, Liferay DXP Cloud provides a robust set of features including detailed application and infrastructure deployment metrics. The offering also delivers automatic backup and restore functionality so that organizations can enjoy peace of mind knowing that critical data will not be lost.
Liferay Commerce 2.0:
Liferay Commerce 2.0 enables businesses to leverage their content to deliver rich, easy-to-use purchasing experiences unique to each customer. In applying machine learning to key parts of the digital commerce experience, Liferay Commerce 2.0 vastly improves enterprises’ ability to provide seamless transactional experiences. Smarter product grouping, contextualized product recommendations and alerts for accounts at risk of churn help businesses improve the buying experience.
Release highlights include:
- Personalization at scale: Business users can easily define audience segments with robust rules for fine-grained personalization and create variants of a single page for each audience segment. Advanced analytics allow users to understand how content is performing and an improved content authoring experience helps teams deliver key experiences faster.
- Increased headless CMS freedom: Liferay DXP 7.2 introduces a decoupled CMS with improved APIs, giving developers the benefits of headless freedom but with traditional CMS-like management for the business user. This hybrid approach offers the best of both worlds to enterprises looking to efficiently deliver experiences at scale.
- Streamlined business operations: New features in Liferay DXP 7.2 allow users to gain end-to-end visibility on critical business processes with workflow reports, set deadlines for processes and view real-time workflow analytics. Back office operations are further enhanced with peer-to-peer document sharing and open data engine APIs designed to help developers build more flexible business applications.
- Frictionless cloud deployments: Deliver high availability, zero downtime deployments to ensure that mission-critical sites are always online. Liferay DXP Cloud supports the creation of fault tolerance processes to meet organizations’ unique needs and detect and repair common server problems as they occur. This helps prevent small programming errors from accumulating and causing a server crash, without the need to allocate additional resources to do so.
- Simplified IT management: Liferay DXP Cloud delivers detailed performance metrics so IT teams can understand the health and compute requirements of their sites over time. Automated scaling up of bandwidth and compute capacity serves to maintain steady performance through traffic peaks. Teams receive notifications so they can manually downscale resources that are no longer needed. Liferay DXP Cloud also provides automatic, secure backups to ensure that organizational data and documents are constantly protected and ready for restoration in case of critical data corruption or failure.
- Integrate content and commerce: Liferay Commerce 2.0 includes all the latest features of Liferay DXP, including personalization, advanced segmentation and experience management. The offering allows businesses to place valuable, rich product information at customers’ fingertips, shortening the time from discovery to purchase and serving as a key tool to train sales reps, cross-sell to buyers and empower resellers and distributors.
Availability and More Information:
For more information on Liferay DXP 7.2, please visit: https://www.liferay.com/products/dxp.
For more information on Liferay DXP Cloud, please visit: https://www.liferay.com/products/dxp-cloud.
For more information on Liferay Commerce 2.0, please visit: https://www.liferay.com/products/commerce.